Occasionally the Windows software on NMU issued machines may state that it is not activated or genuine (especially if you haven't connected to an on-campus network recently). You may see prompts stating "The activation period has expired," "You may be a victim of software counterfeiting," or "Windows is not genuine." Follow these intstructions to verify and/or troubleshoot Windows activation.
Verify Windows Activation
3. Click the File Explorer icon on your taskbar.
4. Right-click "This PC" (or Computer in Windows 7) in the left navigation pane then select "Properties."
5. Scroll down to the "Windows Activation" section and select "Activate Windows Now," then "Activate Windows Online Now." This is when it's most important to be connected to an NMU network via LTE, WiFi, or VPN.
If you have connected to an NMU network and have syncronized your time properly but Windows still won't activate, please call or visit the HelpDesk
2. Right-click "This PC" (or Computer in Windows 7) in the left navigation pane then select "Properties."
3. Look under the "Windows Activation" section to see if Windows is activated. If not or it fails to activate, continue on to the troubleshooting steps below.