NMU LTE SLR-120 Mobile Router Setup
Connecting to the SLR-120 WiFi
Changing the Password to Secure the SLR-120
Securing SLR-120 WiFi Access
Using the Reset Button
3. Reinstall the cover with the corner with the small gap closest to the power switch on the side of the device. The battery has enough of an initial charge to power the device.
5. The screen will then display “Starting…” and finally a screen indicating it is connected with the LTE signal level (1 to 5 bars, x indicates no LTE signal), WiFi icon and the battery level. After a short time the display will again go blank.
6. The MyFi Mobile Router is now powered up and ready to use. You can view the screen at any time by pressing the power button. Holding the power button down for 10 seconds will power it off.
By default the WiFi access point name is “SEOWON_LTE_WiFi”. Start your computer, smartphone, tablet, or other device and using its settings to connect to the “SEOWON_LTE_WiFi” access point. You should now be able to access the Internet.
Once connected the LTE device needs to be registered on the NMU network. Open a web browser and go to http://register.nmu.edu. You should be prompted to log in with your NMU ID and password. Once you log in follow the prompts to register the LTE device on the network. Once completed power the LTE device off and on. You should now be able to access the Internet.
- Connect a device with a web browser such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer to the “SEOWON_LTE_WiFi” access point using the WiFi or Network icon on your computer.
- Open a web browser and type in this address into the address field: “192.168.2.1” or it might be “192.168.1.1” and press the “Enter” key to access the SLR-120 login screen.
- Enter the User Name: “user” and the Password: “user” and click the “Apply” button.
- On the menu on the left side of the window choose; “Settings”, “User Management”, and “Account”.
- Enter a new password in the field provided making sure of each keystroke you typed and be sure to record the password you used, possibly on the label on the bottom of the SLR-120. Click “Apply” and “OK”.
Securing SLR-120 WiFi Access (Recommended)
- On the menu on the left side of the window choose; “Settings”, “Network”, and “WiFi Configuration”.
- You could change the “Network Name (SSID)” field if you’d like. There can be no spaces in the name.
- In the “Wireless Security” field choose “WPA2-PSK”.
- In the “Encryption Mode” field choose “AES”.
- Enter a unique “Network Key” in the field and be sure to record the network key you used, possibly on the label on the bottom of the SLR-120, and click the “Apply” button.
- You will be prompted “After setting the board will be reboot. Do you want to continue?” Click “OK”. The SLR-120 will take a minute to restart. Once it restarts the browser screen will appear to freeze.
- If you were connected via WiFi you will need to re-establish a connection to the SLR-120 using the “SEOWON_LTE_WiFi” access point name or the new name if you changed it and the new Network Key you entered.
- Verify you have Internet access using the WiFi connection.