Notebook computers become available for purchase when a NMU student graduates.
May 2019 - GRADUATING STUDENTS: Purchases begin April 8th and end on May 10th.
- Initial purchase information will be sent to graduates via their NMU email accounts. Students that do not purchase the computer will need to return the computer by the deadline date, as stated in the purchase email. Students that do not purchase the computer and are registered for credit earning NMU classes by the next semester's respective deadline date may continue to use the computer.
- Eligible purchasers will be notified via their NMU email accounts with the required purchase procedure.
|Models available for purchase|
|ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen3 (20BT)||Windows||$279.37|
|ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen4 (20FC)||Windows||$479.57|
|ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen5 (20HQ)||Windows||$772.42|
|ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen6 (20KG)||Windows||$1053.39|
|MacBook 15 (Z5S)||macOS||$412.07|
|MacBook 16 (Z6S)||macOS||$654.53|
|MacBook 17 (Z7S)||macOS||$833.12|
To be eligible to purchase:
- The NMU student must be a participant in the TLC program and have an end of lease computer issued to them..
- If special software for class requirements has been installed it will be removed, the computer MUST be reimaged with the OEM software image. Software removal must be done before students are eligible to purchase their computer. PLEASE REMEMBER TO SAVE YOUR FILES.
All computer purchases will be processed using the on-line purchase web site. Payment may be made by check (checking account number and the bank’s routing number is needed) or credit card (Discover, MasterCard or VISA).
To purchase the computer using the on-line purchase site, the following information will be required:
- The serial number of the computer that is being purchased.
- NMU user ID & password
Continuing students that purchase their computer will be issued a replacement computer before the start of their next semester. The IT Services web site will have distribution dates and times approximately two weeks before notebook distribution.