Taking a Respondus Lockdown Browser Quiz on Educat
- Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet in the location where you will be taking the quiz.
- Locate the “LockDown Browser” shortcut on the desktop and double-click it. (For Mac users, launch “LockDown Browser” from the Applications folder.)
- If prompted to close a blocked program (e.g. screen capture, instant messaging) choose "Yes" when prompted. -- OR -- , close LockDown Browser and then close the blocked program(s) before restarting.
- Log into your Educat course using NMU UserID and password.
- If displayed, DO NOT click the "Attempt quiz now" link on the Educat dashboard after logging in. Instead navigate to the Educat course, then the quiz, and select the "Attempt quiz now" button.
- Once a quiz has been started with LockDown Browser, you cannot exit until the "Submit all and finish" button is clicked.
- Prior to your first assessment, complete the practice quiz available in most courses using the LockDown Browser to make sure it works correctly.
- If a LockDown Browser update is available the program will take time to install it when the Lockdown Browser is a opened. Something you might check for before the day of a major exam.
- For Windows computers, routinely install Windows updates (due on the second Tuesday of the month after 6 pm) so you don't have to wait for them to install if you have to restart your computer just before the exam.
Rate this Article: