Disabling 2 factor authentication
NMU 2 factor authentication can be set up using Authenticator Apps, Backup Codes, or Security Keys. These instructions cover how to disable each of those options individually. You can disable one or more of them. NMU recommends you always have more than one 2 factor authentication method enabled.
- On a computer or other device, go to https://myuser.nmu.edu/user, click “Manage Account” and login with your NMU ID and password.
- Click on the “Security” tab and then the “Display TFA” button under “2-Step Verification”. The following page will be displayed.
- To disable the current Authenticator App click the "Remove" button in the "Authenticator App" box.
- To disable the current Backup Codes click the "Remove" button in the "Backup Codes" box.
- To disable a Security Key click the "Pencil" icon in the "Security Key" box, then click the "Delete Security Key" button.
- To revoke all trusted devices click the "Revoke All' button in the "Devices you trust" box.
- If all 2 factor authenthication methods are disabled the "2-step Verificaton" box at the top of the page should show it is "OFF".
- 2 factor authentication on your NMU G Suite account is a separate feature unique to Google. A good overview with links to configure 2 factor authenticaton for your NMU G Suite account is avalable at https://www.google.com/2step.