- Phone the HelpDesk at 906-227-2468 or bring the notebook computer to the HelpDesk located on the campus of Northern Michigan University to have the notebook computer diagnosed. If the notebook computer problem cannot be fixed by the HelpDesk, the notebook computer will be sent to Micro Repair. Northern Michigan University will not accept collect telephone calls.
- A pre-paid box will be shipped to an individual who is unable to bring the notebook computer to Micro Repair. The notebook computer will be repaired and shipped back to the individual within one working day of receipt. If Micro Repair cannot repair the notebook computer, a different notebook computer will be substituted. Northern Michigan University will pay for all shipping costs.
- Back up your files, Micro Repair cannot guarantee that your files will remain on the computer.
Apple notebook computer needing repair outside of the United States
- Fill out a Problem Report Form to see if the problem can be solved. Upon receipt, a full-time HelpDesk staff member will respond with recommended courses of action. Please do not take action prior to an e-mail exchange with the HelpDesk. You may call the helpdesk at 906-227-2468 if you do not have internet access. Northern Michigan University will not accept collect telephone calls.
- The individual may seek repairs at an authorized Apple repair location. Keep all receipts of the repairs for possible reimbursement along with diagnosis of the problem and what work was done. The individual will be responsible for any labor charges. **Verify that the repairs are covered under warranty before the work is done.
- The individual is responsible for all costs to repair the computer, if the repairs are not covered under warranty. Examples of repairs that are not covered under warranty: liquid spills, damage caused by dropping, auto accidents, theft. Northern Michigan University 's insurance policy does not cover notebook computers outside of North America . Northern Michigan University strongly encourages the individual to obtain additional insurance to cover non-warranty repairs before leaving the United States.
- Upon returning to Northern Michigan University , the individual may present the repair receipts to the Director of Micro Repair for evaluation relative to accepted repair practice and charges. There is no guarantee that the individual will receive 100% reimbursement for the repairs.
The individual is responsible for the shipping cost if they chose to send the notebook computer to Micro Repair for repair. The notebook computer will be repaired and shipped back to the individual within one working day of receipt. If Micro Repair cannot repair the notebook computer, a different notebook computer will be substituted. Northern Michigan University will pay for the return shipping costs. The following information is needed for any notebook computer returned to NMU for repair.
- Mailing address
- Email, if available
- Complete description of what is wrong with the machine
- Date that the machine was sent to Micro Repair
- Date you will be returning to U.S.A. (the notebook computer will not be sent back if you will no longer be at the return address upon delivery. The notebook computer will remain in Micro Repair until you contact them).
- Any other important information you feel is necessary
Ship notebook computer to: Micro Repair Northern Michigan University 1401 Presque Isle Marquette, MI 49855 Package the notebook computer to prevent additional damage. Include the power adapter and cord; they will be tested as a possible source of your problem. Insure the notebook computer for $1,000 and keep the tracking number for your records