Firefox is Mozilla Corporation's open-source web browser, and it comes on all NMU computers. It is fully customizable, has a popup blocker, bookmark tools, and offers many extensions, themes, and plug-ins. This Article contains information regarding the personalization of the browser.
Adding Add-ons to Firefox
Making and Using Bookmarks
Changing Languages and Fonts
- Open Firefox and click the three-bar Settings icon. Select "Options."
- In the "General" tab, enter your desired homepage next to "Homepage." Close and re-open Firefox to confirm the page works.
- Open Firefox and click the three-bar Settings icon. Select "Add-ons."
- This should open a Firefox tab titled "Add-ons Manager". From here, you can search for any add-on you like (advertisement blockers, themes, or other interesting add-ons). You might also check the "Extensions" and "Plugins" to see if what you need is already installed but is currently not enabled like possibly the Adobe Acrobat extension.
- Once you find your preferred add-on, click "Install" and a brief install will start. Many add-ons will direct you to an information page when the install completes.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Use caution when installing add-ons, as they could harm your computer or violate your privacy. We recommend that you only install reviewed add-ons. For more information regarding add-ons, and how to decide if an add-on is safe see https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/faq .
Making and using bookmarks
2. In the "Content" tab you can make changes to font and languages.
4. Choose a language from the drop-down menu and select "Add".
5. Websites that offer the preferred languages will use the top language first. You can re-order your preferred languages with the "move up" and "move down" buttons.
6. Select "OK" to close and finish.