Install Cisco VPN Client
The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client uses an encrypted virtual private network (VPN) to provide a secure connection between your device and the NMU network. Using the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is required by some network services used at NMU.
2. Click on the “Download Now” link for the “Cisco VPN Client” and you will be prompted to log into the “Cisco SSL VPN Service”. Log in with your NMU UserID and password.
3. Click the “AnyConnect” option of the menu on the left edge of the page and click “Start AnyConnect”.
4. The “WebLaunch” page will be displayed. Click the “AnyConnect VPN” link to manually install the software.The installation file will be downloaded.
5. Click on the downloaded file to open it. Click “Yes” when you are prompted to allow the program to modify your computer. The welcome screen will be displayed. Click “Next”.
6. If prompted to “Modify”, “Repair”, or “Remove” the installation, choose “Repair” and click “Repair” again.
7. If prompted for files being currently in use click “OK”. Once completed click “Finish”.
8. To use the program type in “Cisco” in the Windows Start menu and click the “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client”.
9. Click “Connect”.
10. Log in using your NMU UserID and password.