Install Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client [Windows]
The Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client uses an encrypted virtual private network (VPN) to provide a secure connection between your device and the NMU network. Using the Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client is required by some network services used at NMU.
2. Click on the “Download Now” link for the “Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client” and you will be prompted to log into the “NVPNSSO”. Click “Login.”
3. This will bring you to the NMU Login page where you will sign in with your NMU credentials.
4. On the next page that you're brought to, click the blue "Download for Windows."
5. Click the “Save” button to download the installation file to your computer and double-click the .exe file once it is downloaded, most likely in your Downloads folder.
6. The Installer will begin prompting you to click “Next”.
7. The installer will prompt you to to accept the terms in the license agreement. Once you check the “Accept” bubble, click “Next”.
8. You will see a window where you can click “Install”. Once clicked the page will prompt you to allow the application to make changes to your device, click “Yes” to allow the changes to be made.
9. It will go through the installation process and give you a completed window when finished. Click “Finish” to complete installation.
10. To use the program type in “Cisco” in the Windows Start menu and click the “Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client”.
11. The "Cisco AnyConnect Mobility Client" window will pop up. Make sure your box contains “nmuvpn.nmu.edu” as shown below. Click "Connect" and you will be brought to the NMU login page again.
12. Login again with your NMU credentials.
13. Once successful you should see the following window pop up in the lower corner of your screen indicating you are connected to the VPN: