Using MAC OS X Mail
- Viewing the Inbox
- Checking for New Messages
- Reading a Message
- Writing and Sending a New Message
- Replying to an Existing Message
- Viewing a List of Sent Messages
Viewing the Inbox
Launch the Mailapplication from the dock
Select Inboxfrom the mailboxes list
New and unread messages will be listed with dots next to them
Checking for New Messages
There are two ways to check for new messages:
Choose Mailbox, select Get New Mail, then select your account.
Click the Get Mail icon on the top bar
Reading a Message
There are two ways to read a message:
Click on the message, and read it in the lower half of the window.
- Double-click on the message to open it in its own window.
Writing and Sending a New Message
Click on New Message.
Fill in the following information:
- The recipient's E-mail address.
The subject of the message.
The body of the message.
Replying to a Message
To reply to a message:
- Select the message.
Click on the Reply button.
- Type your message.
Viewing Sent Messages
To view a list of messages you have sent:
- Select Sent from the mailboxes list
Enabling and Disabling Automatic Email Checking
Mail can be set to automatically check for new messages. To enable or disable this feature:
Choose Mail then select Preferences
Set the automatic E-mail checking.
- To enable automatic E-mail checking, click the "Check for new mail" list and choose how often Mail should check for new message.
To disable automatic E-mail checking, click the "Check for new mail" list and choose Manually.
- Close the preferences window.