Using MAC OS X Mail
Viewing the Inbox
- Launch the Mail application from the dock
- Select Inbox from the mailboxes list
- New and unread messages will be listed with dots next to them
Checking for New Messages
There are two ways to check for new messages:
- Choose Mailbox, select Get New Mail, then select your account
- Click the Get Mail icon on the top bar
Reading a Message
There are two ways to read a message:
- Click on the message, and read it in the lower half of the window.
- Double-click on the message to open it in its own window.
Writing and Sending a New Message
- Click on New Message.
- Fill in the following information:
- The recipient's E-mail address.
- The subject of the message.
The body of the message.
- Click Send.
Replying to a Message
To reply to a message:
- Select the message.
- Click on the Reply button.
- Type your message.
- Click Send.
Viewing Sent Messages
To view a list of messages you have sent, select Sent from the mailbox's list
Enabling and Disabling Automatic Email Checking
Mail can be set to automatically check for new messages. To enable or disable this feature:
- Choose Mail then select Preferences
- Set the automatic E-mail checking.
- To enable automatic E-mail checking, click the "Check for new mail" list and choose how often Mail should check for new message.
- To disable automatic E-mail checking, click the "Check for new mail" list and choose Manually.
- Close the preferences window.