Note: While most FTP servers allow you to download files to your computer, your ability to upload a file to a remote server depends on your access privileges.
- Open Fetch and enter the connection information, then click "OK."
- For Host, enter the server to which you are connecting.
- For User ID and Password, enter your NMU ID and password in lower case letters.
- Once connected, you will be able to browse directories on the remote server and your computer. Fetch supports a couple of methods to copy files:
- The simplest method is just to drag files from your computer into the Fetch window (upload) or drag files from the Fetch window to your computer (download).
- The other method is to use the "Get" (downdload) and "Put Files" (upload) buttons to copy files.
Fetch can even copy entire folders, including their sub-folders, to the target location.
For additional information on FTP file transfers, see the Fetch program's help.