G Suite Opt-in
NMU has begun switching email accounts from on campus mail servers to gmail accounts accessible via http://gmail.nmu.edu.
NOTE: your email address will remain the same - Userid@nmu.edu
After opting in to G Suite you will have access to the following apps and more:
Benefits for opting in to G Suite
- Unlimited Storage for email, documents and photos
- No 21 day limit that automatically purges messages from your @nmu.edu email Inbox
- Calendar sharing
- Real-time collaboration with other faculty, staff and students using Google Drive and Google Docs
- Additional account Security with 2-Step Verification (optional)
- Hold video meetings with Hangouts
Please keep the following in mind before opting in:
- Once you opt into G Suite you cannot go back to receiving messages with the previously used NMU email systems.
- New email to your @nmu.edu and/or @mes.nmu.edu address will be delivered to the Google mail server (including calendar invites).
- Email forwarding settings set through MyUser will be ignored.
- The Webmail link in MyNMU will link to Google Gmail.
- Old email messages will not be automatically moved to your @nmu.edu gmail account. They can be accessed using the same method you used before opting in, typically Webmail, Outlook, or OWA.
Begin using G Suite
Users can opt-in by logging on to MyUser and clicking on the G Suite tab.
** Please note the NMU HelpDesk hours on the right before opting in if you anticipate needing help.