Importing Webmail Content to G Suite
If you are using Webmail to access your NMU E-mail and want to copy your Webmail content to gmail please follow these instructions. If you are using Microsoft Outllook to access your NMU E-mail and/or have an Microsoft Exchange Account typically issued to faculty and staff you need to use the Importing Outlook and OWA content to G Suite instructions.
These instructions are for importing content to an NMU G Suite account but would also work for any gmail account including an "Email for Life" account from the NMU Alumni Office. You could also use the PST files created in the steps below as a backup of your email content and import them into your NMU G Suite account or another gmail account at a later date.
IMPORTANT: This process will use Microsoft Outlook for Windows to copy the messages and folders available to you in Webmail. The actual import in step 10 of this process may take up to 3 hours to complete if your mailbox is almost full, about 1 Gb and longer for larger files. These instructions are written to work for most people using an NMU issued computer. If you have any questions please contact the NMU HelpDesk.
- Assure your computer is connected to the network and Internet.
- Assure you can access your NMU G Suite account by logging into http://gmail.nmu.edu using your NMU UserID and password.
- Assure your computer is using AC power.
- Assure your computer's power options for AC power will keep the computer from going to sleep. Click here for step by step instructions.
- Open Outlook on your NMU issued computer. If this is the first time Outlook is opened, it will create the account information for accessing your NMU Email as a POP/SMTP account. You do not need to enter your NMU password to access the mail using the POP/SMTP account.
- Use the instructions for Adding an IMAP Account to an Existing Outlook Profile to configure Outlook to access the NMU.EDU account via IMAP. This will allow Outlook access to the messages and folders available in Webmail, including the ‘Sent’ folder containing mail you have previously sent using Webmail.
- IMPORTANT: Click the “Send/Receive” tab and “Send/Receive All Folders” button, and verify the “All folders are up to date” message is displayed at the bottom edge of the Outlook window.
- Export the yourID@nmu.edu mailbox contents to a file named “imap.pst” by going to "File", "Import/Export", "Export to a file", "Outlook Data File (.pst)". Select "yourID@nmu.edu" with the “Include Subfolders” checkbox checked. Click the "Next" and "Browse" buttons, and type in “imap.pst” for the file name to save the exported file and click “Finish”. Click here for step by step instructions.
- Exit Outlook.
- NOTE: This step of the process may take up to 3 hours to complete if your mailbox is almost full, about 1 Gb, and longer for larger files. Also, Outlook will not be available during the migration since the Oultook .PST files will be in use. For these reasons we recommend you do this step when you can leave your computer alone for an extended period of time such as overnight or at the end of the work day. Migrate the Outlook imap.pst file into G Suite using the Google Migration tool for Outlook. Click here for NMU's step by step instructions.
- Once the process completes the file contents should be available in G Suite when expanding the 'pst' labels (such as imap.pst, mes.pst, outlook.pst, and archive.pst) when viewed in a web browser within 24 hours.