Lab Info / Hours
The HelpDesk computer lab facility, located on the first floor of the Learning Resources Center, contains computer classrooms. Lab hours will somewhat coincide with the Library, which is also housed in the LRC.
All of these areas feature power and campus network / Internet connections.
To view information on scheduling a classroom, or for information on other lab facilities, view the Computer Classrooms page.
The following rules are in place so all NMU students have a fair opportunity to use the lab for their classwork and to protect the computer resources from damage.
- Tobacco products (including chewing tobacco) are not allowed.
- Food or beverages are not allowed in the classrooms.
You will be asked to leave the lab for failing to comply with above rules. Users causing a disturbance or failing to comply with the lab rules will be reported to Public Safety.
Help Desk Assistants
A Help Desk assistant's mission is to provide an environment that is clean, safe, and accessible for the student body to complete computer related tasks during reasonable hours.
Help Desk Assistant's duties:
- Help students with printing problems.
- Report and record computer software/hardware problems to HelpDesk Staff.
- Open and close the classrooms per HelpDesk procedures.
Help Desk Assistant's will not be able to do the following due to staffing constraints:
- Tutor students/staff with individual software packages or homework.