Windows isn't genuine
Windows isn’t genuine or unable to activate
This will come up if Windows didn't activate while the computer was connected on campus.
- Verify the time (including AM and PM) date, and time zone on your computer are accurate by clicking the time and date in the bottom right corner and update it if necessary.
- Be sure that you are connected to the internet and have a valid IP address. The easiest way to do this is to try accessing a website such as Google or www.nmu.edu.
- Start up the Cisco Systems VPN Client if you are connected from off campus by going to Start -> Programs -> Cisco -> Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client -> Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client. Once the window is open click Connect and enter your NMU ID and password. Once connected a Cisco information window will be displayed near the system tray at the bottom right of the screen.
- Go to the Start, Right click on Computer to get the menu and choose Properties.
- Scroll down to Windows activation and click on, ”Activate Windows now”. Three choices appear, chose "activate on-line".