Starting OS X VPN Client
If you need to connect to NMU resources on your home network (or other non-NMU network), such as art servers or department servers, you will need to a VPN connection. VPN is short for Virtual Private Network. A VPN encrypts the information to and from your computer to a server on campus and also simulates an on campus connection. The instructions below will show you how to set up that client to connect to the NMU VPN server.
- Go to http://it.nmu.edu/downloads/cisco-vpn-client-mac
- Click "Download Now", and continue through the installation process.
- Open "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" in the Applications>Cisco Folder.
- Enter "nmuvpn5520.nmu.edu" in the text box and click "Connect".
- Enter your NMU ID and password and click "Ok
Rate this Article: