Setting up a Printer in Windows
The following instructions are for computers running the Windows operating system.
The NMU network does NOT support wireless printers.
2. Select "Devices."
3. Select "Add printer or scanner."
4. Select "The printer that I want isn't listed."
5. Select "Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings" and click "Next."
6. Select "Choose a new port" and select "Standard TCP/IP Port."
7. Select "Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use," then click "Next."
8. It may take a moment to click the port. Click "Next."
9. You may see this screen. If so, select "Next."
10. Select your printer make and model in the list presented, then click "Next."
- If your printer doesn't appear, click the "Have Disk" option and insert the software disk or download the software from the manufacturer's website.
11. Type a printer name, whatever makes sense to you, and click "Next."
12. The printer will begin installing, in the "Printer Sharing" window, keep "Do not share this printer" selected and click "Next."
13. You may choose to set this printer as your default printer, which will make it the automatically selected printer unless you specify another. Click "Finish."
- Search "Devices and Printers" in the Start menu searchbar and choose that option.
- Click the "Add a Printer" link.
- Select "Local printer", then click "Next".
- Under Create a new port, select "Standard TCP/IP Port", and click "Next."
- Enter enter the host name or IP address of your print server, then click "Next."
Note: The port name can be any name that makes sense to you.
- Select your printer make and model in the list presented, then click "Next."
If your printer does not appear in the list, click the "Have Disk" button and insert your printer software disc or download the software from the printer manufacturers Web site.
Enter a name for this printer. Click "Next.:
You may choose this printer as your default printer. A default printer is the printer to which each document is automatically sent. The default printer should be the most used. Click "Finish."