Installing the Cad Lab Printer
These instructions are for setting up the Cad Lab Printer to print in the Cad Lab on Windows machines. Verify the computer is connected to and registered on the NMU network and if you can plug your computer into a network port on campus.
- Open the start menu and select "Devices and Printers."
- In the new window, click "Add a Printer" near the top of the window.
- A box should pop up. choose "Add a network, wireless, or bluetooth printer" and select "Next."
- Select "the printer that I want isn't listed."
- Select "Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname."
- For Device type, select "TCP/IP Device," not autodetect.
- Type cadprinthp.nmu.edu for the "Hostname or IP address" field, and the "Port name" field will fill itself in.
- Uncheck "Query the Printer" and click "Next".
- Wait a moment while the wizard detects the TCP/IP port.
- On the "Install the printer driver" window, select "HP" from the list of manufacturers and "HP Color LaserJet CP5220 Series PCL6" from the list of drivers.
- Type Cad Lab for printer name, and select "Next".
- The printer will now install.
- Select "Next" on "Printer Sharing" and select "Finish."
Rate this Article: