If you were issued one of the new NMU Lenovo Twist Ultrabook computers this fall and are having connection problems or problems with the computer coming out or going into sleep mode fixes are now available.
We encourage everyone with a Twist computer to install these fixes as soon as possible. Given that many classes are having midterm exams in the next week, it is critical to ensuring that the computers are as reliable as possible.
The fixes currently include 5 main steps, some of which were previously available:
- Assure Oracle VM VirtualBox has already been removed if you do not need it using the instructions at Uninstalling Oracle VM VirtualBox to Resolve Connection Problems.
- Update the Lenovo Power Management Driver.
- Remove the Intel Proset Wireless Utility and configure the Windows 8 utility to connect to WiFi.
- Assure all Windows 8 Updates have been installed.
- Update the Lenovo Twist BIOS.
If you do not feel comfortable with performing some of the main steps to install these fixes, especially the last step, updating the BIOS, please come to the HelpDesk and we can install the fixes you don’t complete.
If you have any questions or problems please contact the Computing HelpDesk, 227-2468, HelpDesk@nmu.edu.