Caring for a MacBook battery
Below are a list of battery care recommendations.
- Apple recommends using the battery and charging it when prompted.
- Allow the battery to fully discharge, then charge at least once a month.
- The MacBook uses an Energy Saver which includes dimming the screen when using the battery. These settings may be modified, but if they are modified, the changes may drain the battery more quickly.
- Dim the screen to the lowest comfortable level to maximum battery life.
- If the AirPort (wireless) is on but not being used, it will still drain the battery.
- Use only the power adapter that is issued with the computer.
- Both hot and cold weather will affect the battery.